Monday, 7 January 2013

Detectives Versus Vampires

The truth rarely eludes these clever crime fighters...
Monsters with a blood thirst that never tires...
Detectives Versus Vampires!


And Round 5 begins!
I wanted to start Round 5 last week, but needed a bit of extra time to get the Online Store back in order-so, sorry about that!  The Vampires return today, having appeared way back in Round 1, in Samurai Versus Vampires.  I have a story already planned for Detectives Versus Vampires, which will be presented in a different sort of format than any I've used before; if all goes to plan, I should have it released next month.
So, the Versus Online Store is back up & running and with new products to boot!  I've made the majority of the Versus Comic Strips available to buy as prints & all the Battles from Rounds 1-4 are available as large posters too.
Plus, I've teamed up with LiquidPress to make some T-Shirts.  These shirts are different from the last lot I did, featuring new colour schemes & in some cases, improved artwork & new background designs.  Below are some examples & if you hit the tab at the top of the page, you can see what else we have on offer so far.  We're still getting the majority of the shirts made up, but there are a few available to buy at the moment, so check them out & let me know what you think!
Whilst on my hiatus, a couple of cool things came my way.  Firstly, I got reviewed by Suffolk-based art magazine, IP1. Below is the review itself & you can check out the rest of the magazine here. 
I think they did a pretty nice job of reviewing the series & it was pretty cool to get a little bit of local media attention.  Check out the magazine if you get the chance, it's worth a read.
Secondly, I was approached by an old friend of mine, local MC Matt 'Halo' Bugg to produce some artwork for an album he and his fellow MC, T-Rocc, produced, titled 'Dark Clouds & Blue Skies'.
You can check out tracks from the album & other music by Matt here.

The new comic strip is up; this week, it's Breakdancers Versus Waiters.  Let me know what you think!  You'll also notice just below the Versus Comics link is a new link, Versus Serials.  I'll be collecting the Versus stories that are, well, serialised, seperately.  For the moment, I've linked to the second part of Knights Versus Werewolves, but both chapters can be found in the tab at the top of the page.  I'll have the first part of a new serial out very soon, so keep your eyes peeled!

I'm still working out a few little things with the blog, & Preview Artwork will return very soon.  In the meantime, here's a piece I released the other day, exclusively on Twitter.  I'll be doing more of these Twitter exclusives in the future, so, if you're interested, you can follow me @versuscomicbook.

Why a Pirate?  Well, they too will be returning in Round 5!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit the Versus Online Store!

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

ShareThis