Monday, 24 December 2012

Mecha Versus Dinosaurs & The Christmas Special

Mechanised suits increase their physical prowess and force...
Tyrannical lizards strike fear with the awesome roars...
Mecha Versus Dinosaurs!

 Sitting in shops, wearing itchy beards and hats
These urchins were never told 'no' by their mums and dads
Department Store Santas Versus Spoilt Brats!


And I'm back!

Well, where to start?  First of all, allow me to explain my absence...

A few months back, I decided to take a bit of a break from updating Versus. I was finding it quite difficult to keep up with everything & I felt the quality of my work was suffering as a result.  I also wanted to start tackling the bigger stories I have planned for the series, but finding the proper time they needed was proving impossible.  So, I decided the best idea would be to allow myself some time to build up a bit of a backlog of work, so that I could avoid missing updates & keep the quality at a level I would be happy with. 

I've also been thinking of changing the format of the series slightly, in terms of how & when I release updates, so the time off gave me a chance to decide on the best way of going about that.  I've decided to move to weekly updates, with the poster, comic strip and preview work all released on one day (monday).  This allows me a little bit more breathing room & I feel it will make for better quality posts for you guys to read.  I hope you all like it-but let me know what you think! 

I've also improved the blog itself, in terms of navigation & user-friendliness, so have a look around!

Right, as you can see, today sees the final instalment of Versus: Round 4 with Mecha Versus Dinosaurs.  I've had this one planned ever since I produced Mecha Versus Giant Irradiated Insects, though I originally planned to go with a more T-Rex-esque design for the dinosaur.  In the ned, I decided to go with something a bit different, as you can see.  On a side note, the colour scheme of Mecha Versus Dinosaurs was suggested by my step-son; he was pretty happy with it & I hope you like it too!

And, seeing as it's Christmas Eve, I felt it only appropriate to produce another Christmas Special!  I made my first Versus Christmas Special last year & I did promise I'd make another one, so,  hope you all enjoy this years!

And, as you can see, I have a Versus Comic Strip out today-just click on the link on the right to view the strip!

Well, I will be back next monday with the first battle of Round 5 as well as some of the things I got up to during my hiatus and some interesting merchandise-related news! 

In the meantime, welcome back, thankyou for your patience and have a Merry Christmas!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit the Versus Online Store!

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

ShareThis