Wednesday 18 March 2015

Presenters Versus Producers


As I'm sure you've heard, Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson was suspended after a 'fracas' with a Producer.  

Now, I'm no fan of Clarkson and I think it was the right decision to suspend him.  What did amaze me, was how many people thought he was suspended for his many derogatory comments about minorities and actually tried to defend such actions-claiming that suspending him for that was an assault on freedom of speech.

From all accounts, he was suspended for punching a producer. 

 Now, if you or I punched a colleague in our line of work, it's pretty safe to say we'd be suspended at the least.

And isn't it funny how, lately, the loudest voices when it comes to the defence of freedom of speech seem to be those who want to be able to say vile, derogatory and racist things?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive